Kristy Visits!

Just a few days after Grandma Jackie and Charla left, Kristy arrived! Sadly, Emmeline came down with Nick's cold shortly after she arrived, but we made the most of our time together and managed to see most of the sights of Singapore!

Gardens by the Bay was our first stop, where we walked the bridge between Supergrove Trees and ate Satay by the Bay. The bridge walk offered some pretty great views of the city, even if they were slightly marred by Corabelle's screaming, ha! Kristy may be the only person who has ever ordered a salad as a part of their first hawker meal in Singapore! :)

 

 




Since Kristy was pretty tired the first night, I was able to leave the kids sleeping with her while I watched the World Cup Final with Nick's work colleagues (Nick was in London). It was an amazing venue, and to be surrounded by French fans was an awesome experience. It felt like I was back in Paris, and was so exciting that they won!



















We took the water taxi boat along the river into the bay, where we walked around and saw the Merlion and other sights. We also visited the aquarium on Sentosa for the first time. It was quite impressive, and we spent a solid few hours there. It's definitely somewhere Emmeline and I will be returning on her days off of school!
 

 

 

 



















Towards the end of the week, Emmeline got a bit worse and Corabelle starting getting sick, so we did some shopping on Orchard (and tried the local ice cream sandwiches on bread) and Kristy ventured out by herself a bit. Sadly, we never got to all go to the beach at Sentosa together, but at least Kristy was able to make it there!
 


Kristy and I were able to have some fun on evenings, though, while either a babysitter or Nick stayed home with the girls. We went to Smoke and Mirrors on the rooftop of the National Gallery, which offers stunning views of the skyline and MBS. We also checked out the MBS light show and the Supergrove Tree show. It was my first time to see the Supergrove Tree show, and I was thoroughly impressed. Such a different feel there at night than during the day!


















 

 

On our last night we did beer yoga with stunning views of MBS, followed by hot pot with friends, Taylor, Mike, and Tyler. Great end to a fun week. Although we didn't quite get to see everything I was hoping too, I think everyone had fun. Emmeline loved having Kristy around, and next time is looking forward to Maddox and Mila being around too! :) We liked to joke throughout the week that Kristy was my helper because we are pretty sure that's what everyone thought given she was always pushing a stroller and looking "foreign" since she's half Egyptian. Lucky, she was more than a helper, but a great friend! Now, excuse me while I go sleep for a week to recover from late nights and sick kids!
 


Comments

Popular Posts